Old Town in Scottsdale
A quick brief about Old Town...
Scottsdale Road/East Main Street was founded in 1894 and named after U. S. Chaplain Winfield Scott who brought early settlers to Scottsdale’s desert farmland.
Historic Old Town Scottsdale has 10 historic buildings:
- Mexican Imports Shop – Built-in 1923 as Johnny Rose’s Pool Hall
- Saba’s – Built-in 1921 by Dr. Walter Lawson
- Porters – Built-in 1928 to house the first post office
- Rusty Spur Saloon – Opened in 1921 as first bank
- Cavalliere’s Blacksmith Shop – built in 1909 still owned and operated by the family
- Mission Church – Jesus Corral, a leader in the Mexican community built the adobe Catholic Church in 1933
- Bischoff’s Shades of the West – site of the first General Store built in 1897
- Los Olivos Mexican Patio – Built of adobe in the early 1900’s
- Sugar Bowl Ice Cream Parlor – Constructed in 1950 and still owned by the Huntress Family
- Little Red School House – now the Scottsdale Historical Museum was built with red brick in 1909
- Historic Old Town Cowboy completed in the 1950’s by the well-known Scottsdale Artist and Woodcarver Dee Flagg
Click here for more information about this interesting little town: Old Town Scottsdale or contact us for properties near or around this infamous small western town. 206.579.6558
The ARMLS logo indicates a shared property that may be listed by a real estate brokerage other than the the publisher of this website. All information should be verified by the recipient and none is guaranteed as accurate by ARMLS. Copyright 2018 Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Updated: 21st May, 2019 5:10 AM.